Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'm back!

I know, it has been far too long since I posted, but we are going to try to go weekly with some thoughts and ideas from here on out.

First, I want to send everyone to http://www.harnesscharts.com/ when you get time. This is the Harness Eye website and if you click on the Columns from Harness Eye link at the left-hand side, you will be directed to most of my monthly columns, along with those from Bob Pandolfo and Editor Derick Giwner. Make sure to check those out. Last month, we talked about beards and next week's column talks about syndicate wagering, as my friends from thelightninglane.com ( a great message board, btw) know all to well.

Second (shameless plug time) I still have copies of Northfield Park- Images of Sport available for sale at $20, which includes a dedication from your humble scribe and shipping, along with a gift card. With the holidays coming up, give it some thought. E-mail me at klgisser@earthlink.net for more information.

I appreciate all the e-mails and Facebook messages I have been getting asking how I am doing and what is going on with Northfield. Answers, I am fine and I have no idea. I have been there a couple of times for the races and to research the Breeders Crown Media Guide (which the Hambletonian Society enlisted me to work on), but I have had little contact with anyone at the Route Eight Oval lately.

I have been busy -- with my HHYF duties (by the way check out Sweet Karen on Facebook if you get the chance -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Karen/221223011248815; with a crazy soccer season and with rebuilding my reptile business...we already have eight colleges booked for second semester, which is far more than I have been doing. (We also have some pretty cool young boa constrictors for sale. I am hoping the new exotic animal law in Ohio is a fair one and I have received preliminary assurances from several legislators that it will be. I am also working on another book, which has been pm hiatus for 15 years. The working title is There's An Alligator In The Bathtub So I Won't Need Maid Service TodayN,a humorous look at life on the road with my reptiles, along with husbandry tips on maintaining them properly as pets. In between, I am doing my monthly Harness Eye column and some other free-lance harness-related media work, so life is good and thanks for your concern.

I will be back next week and will generally try to post at least every Tuesday from here on out

1 comment:

randylincoln said...

clasic rant giss!!..best
of luck to you!