Saturday, October 29, 2011

Breeders Crown Finals

I will be in Northfield's clubhouse playing Woodbine and the Breeders crown finals tonight. Several horses, I like. A couple I like a lot. We did well last week with Westwardho Hanover and we also ended up on Betterthancheddar and Rocklamation, although we missed tying up exotics with those when we should have making win wagers (No reason to get greedy with 5 and 6-1 horses).

Here are a few I like tonight

Race 1- Action Broadway- Connections like her chances and they are not ones to hype a horse. We may get 5-2 or 3-1.

Race 2- I'll take a pass with Check Me Out liable to be 3-5.

Race 3- I will probably box my street address. Wide open and no real feel for it.

Race 4- Chalky exacta box with Sweet Lou and A Rocknroll Dance. Can't hurt to use I Fought Dalaw, who will need to overcome the post but could add value from the ten hole. He is a real nice colt.

Race 5- Two-year-old trotters make breaks. A small 3-4 horse exacta box with some longshots..may leave the top two choices out and play the third through sixth choices on a hunch.

Race 6- Maureen Rocks is improving rapidly, but Anndrovette is as sharp as a tack right now. Will probably play 5/1/with 4 horses; 5/4 horses/1 in tris and a solid 5-1 exacta with a small 1-5 saver, but that depends on the will pays.

Race 7- San Pail should jog, but at 2-5 why bother. I will probably play him under the two Euros and also box them.

Race 8- Love Rocklamation here. She may actually be just as long (6 or 6-1) as she was last week. Newbie to the Burke barn can still improve. Win bet, maybe a place
saver.

Race 9-Manofmanymissions is logical. Broad Bahn looks tired to me. The horse capable of a big mile is Dejarmbro, but he is pretty inconsistent. May be a 5/1 exacta, but if MOMM is overbet, a cigar break.

Race 10- I am a huge Cedar Dove fan after seeing her in the filly futurity at The red Mile. But she came back the next week and whoops... she will be overbet and it could happen again. Jezzy may have room to go forward and with CD at 1-2, I could make a small value play here.

Race 11- I have been chasing Westwardho Hanover since Futurity Day and caught him pretty good last week. He will be a price again in a wide open affair. I will also play an exacta, probably something like 2/34569 and 34569/2. Up The Credit worries me, Roll With Joe I feel may not be very good tonight. Not sure why./

Race 12- On paper this is all 1-2, 2-1, which means it won't be. Foiled Again wins it and yes I will have some 1-2 boxes. But I am using Bettor Sweet and Aracache Hanover with Foiled, in some form. I also like Dial Or Nodial, although he wasn't particularly sharp last week.

Good luck and stop by if you are at Northfield.

Race 9-

No comments: