Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This and That

I hope you had a great holiday. Now that I have some free time, I spent the weekend working with my smoker (NOT CIGARS) and created some pretty good smoked cheeses. Still work to do, but a lot of fun.

I want to let everyone know that I will be handicapping the Scioto Downs Ohio Super Night card on the blog, probably Friday AM. As I mentioned, I will be doing winners circle interviews Saturday at Ohio's Showplace of Racing and hope you will stop by and say hello.

I found an kind of funny item in the paper over the weekend. Apparently the popularity of insect snacks such as crickets and grubs as England's Health Ministry worried, since they do not have specific health or handling standards. While there are numerous jokes I could make, for some reason this kept coming to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6uLfermPU

Northfield's Scarlet and Gray races were very exciting with divisional track records set, despite the reduced purses. It continues to amaze me that these horses go so hard and so fast for so little money at Northfield. I hope slots get there soon so purses can increase. Northfield's horsemen work ridiculously hard and deserve better.

And thanks to the dozens of you who sent e-mails wishing me luck going forward. Rest assured, for now at least, we are fine and anticipate that we will be very busy going forward. But, if any of you out there are looking for a part-time media consultant, web content updater or social media dude, let me know.

And here is a plug for my favorite Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Karen/221223011248815. I guess it's also a work sample ;-)

More later.

No comments: