Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome Wednesday with a $10K Guaranteed Pick Four

Post script to my Mint Julep rant. I am in the liquor store over the weekend because #1 son wants to buy mom (my first and current wife) a bottle of her fave vodka for Mother's Day. So i head up and notice that they have Makers Mark (a good wheated bourbon) in a gift box with two wax-dipped rocks glasses for the same price as a bottle. #1 son and I were at the Makers Mark Distillery in Loreto, KY in March and nearly bought the glasses in the gift shop at $7.95 each. So I add that to my order. Guy behind me orders a bottle of Makers Mark. I mention the glasses deal. "Not interested." What if I pay you $5 and you give me the glasses (Never know when you might need a set of four). He says no thanks, and I figure what the heck. Now, here's where it gets weird. The clerk says he can sell me some of the glasses at $5 a set of two. Should I 1)Buy the glasses 2)Report him to his boss for stealing 3)Give him a strong suggestion to rethink the offer? My answer is below.

Okay, on to the picks. I actually use the term jogburger tonight.

Pick 4-play
All/39/39/2=$36
And then a 56/379/39/2= $12
Yep, I am singling Joey Mapes!

Analysis- Not much to say. 8th race is impossible; 9th race, Llc is racing great but not winning and Lotsa Help draws outside; 10th race Eagle Jacob is a huge "bounce" threat so I have to back it up a bit and then Irish Raider is my single in the 11th.

Good Luck!

Race 1: 2 Possessive Power- Got my call when Stahl chose him over the #6; 6 Call Me Merkle- Seems best to me on paper, but Stahl chose off; 7 Fortune King- Only NW1L8 here will need to deal with a bad draw.

Race 2: 3 Skit Er Done- Raced well in the first seasonal local start; 1 Just For The Day-We are all over the chalk, but not by choice; 9 Leanto Prayer- Most consistent of these, must use in tris, probably not on top.

Race 3: 5 On The Shady Side- Third back off a very good effort and gets the local leading driver. Duh; 2 Be Bop Beauty- Was very impressive in last and looms the main threat; 6 Askpedia- Seems best suited for this level.

Race 4: 5 Triggerhappyfellow- Just a hunch, raced well off the sick scratch, but will be overbet; 1 Electrifying Cam- Decent little qualifier, could be anything; 9 Liltycantbedenied- Should get a pretty decent trip; 6 Cousin Mikey- Can contend for minor honors.

Race 5: 2 Thesaly- Improving and should break through here; 5 Mr Ballisitic- Never saw the pylons in the qually; 3 Jetstream Cruising- Supposed to be a decent one, inconsistent so far, fresh hands may help.

Race 6: 4 Wyatt- Double class drop off a good qualifier + Noble = Jogburger; 9 High Gear Speed- Always puts in effort and usually contends; 6 Craiger- Big class relief, but hasn’t made a nickel last six.

Race 7: 6 Go Go Osborne- Seems versatile and way faster than these; 7 the Big Jolt- I like the Lasix qualifier; 5 Ava Marie Cam- Maybe she “cam” now after getting a start under belt; 9 Western Spark- Nice Q and may surprise after a five-year freshening. Make that six years.

Race 8: 6 Perfect Door- A sucker bet, but I just don’t see anything else here who can win; 3 E C K –First time Noble, recently, anyway; 5 Pacificam- May improve in second start for the Edwards barn.

Race 9: 3 Llc- Has done everything but win in his last three and draws well; 7 Lotsa Help- Classy old guy is in good form, post hurts him; 9 Northmedo Hooray- Gets class relief after a good local debut, gosh Daumit.

Race 10: 3 Eagle Jacob- May bounce after a monster effort last time, but still have to pick him; 9 The Libberteriann- Never saw the pylons dropping to this class and gets Noble here; 6 Rabbitman- Always hangs around and seems a bottom of the ticket sort here; 5 Goin Home Ray- Not sure what to expect, let’s take a chance.

Race 11: 2 Irish Raider- Drops below the level of his last win, as cheap as he has raced in ages; 5 Currently Flying- Gets in at $199 per start and raced well last time; 1 Raging Bull- Good be better than third easily.

Race 12: 3 Capricious Art- Always does work, but when will he win one? NW1L8; 5 Belle Valley Indian- NW1L8 gets class relief here. Mullet over; 7 Ata Ata- One of the most annoying animals racing here right now. Sulker

Race 13: 1 Lawsuit- Tired late but held third as Eagle Jacob’s rabbit; 4 Jeremy’s Chaser- Gets class relief after a moderate effort in his local debut; 2 Vaniscape- Not a fan, but Noble chose him over #3, who I do like; 3 Guile’s Boy- Would like him more with Noble.

No comments: